jax_boy

Windows Longhorn Build 4066

15 posts in this topic

I swear I am not posting this as a prank, but did anyone apart from me here know that Windows Longhorn Build 4066 has finally leaked?

4066 is a pretty unstable build, worse than 4039.

I find it a very strange build, and I distaste it in many ways, the preview pane for files in Windows Explorer is broken, many of the tiles for the sidebar are broken, DWM only shows green placeholders instead of actual Aero Glass.... ugh I really do hate it. The only good thing about this build is that Phodeo shows an actual pretty Aurora background, rather than just a voilet background and misaligned text for the file icons.

:rolleyes: If only someone could and would leak Longhorn Build 4050 like Longhorn Build 4066 getting leaked. :rolleyes:

That wasn't an actual build beign demoed, it was just a Macromedia Flash based demo. :(

I know! :angry:

Then I want this Flash demo to be leaked, it'll be very interesting!!

The build that is the closest to thatt flash demo is Build 4044 which hasn't even been leaked, but may leak one day! ;)

Just to add as well, I wish that the style of 3D view in Windows Explorer in this build of Longhorn had been included in some way in the Windows Explorer in Windows 8! Now THAT alone would have tempted me to upgrade to Windows 8 and make me forget the annoying Metro start panel! :D